UA-150655503-1

Monday, December 2, 2019

Week 15A - Optimizing Yourself and the Company


Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, and many other analytics services are a great help to grow my business. All the inside information that these services collect can help me understand my target market better; who they are, where they live, and what is their demographic composition. Out of the many pieces of useful information, I think the most important piece for me would be the demographic review. This would not only show the age and gender composition of my site visitors, but it would also tell me what they like doing, what they are interested in. That information would be very valuable in building a better connection with my future customers. Another tool I would use frequently is the location data. Although I am planning to have an online business, knowing where my visitors/customers live can help me create customized ads for certain locations, or can help me choose certain offline events to participate in.

Seeing when my site visitors usually visit my site is another example of useful data. For example, it would allow me to appropriately schedule a time-limited campaign for limited edition jewelry – I would time it to coincide with my visitors’ active hours. Finally, seeing how many of my previous visitors return to my site, or seeing how successful my business blog is, would also be a great help to improve and grow my business. The Cohort Analysis can help me see if people still find and read my blog after weeks or months, which is an indicator of how good, and valuable my blog is.

In short, the data in Google Analytics is a big asset that, if used well, can help my company grow and flourish. I am sure I will keep a close eye on the analytics data for my site.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17 Wrapping It Up

First let me tell you how much I enjoyed this class. I have learned a lot about the different social media sites and the various advantag...