UA-150655503-1

Monday, October 21, 2019

Week 9 Twitter - Sharing Your Thoughts in 140 Words or Less


I have to tell you that even after using Twitter for a whole week, I still feel very unfamiliar with it. Twitter is overwhelming for me, and I think it is really hard to find the right people or organizations to follow. I searched for potential connections with search words like Mexico, silver, jewelry artist, handmade, travel, coconut mask, and Taxco. With the help of these search words, I tried to find businesses that I could do some cross promotions with in the future. I looked through many Twitter accounts to find just a few which I decided to follow. Now I’m following an account related to women’s art and jewelry, a Mexican handicraft store, a Mexican and a couple of local San Diego travel accounts, and an artisanal mezcal account.  


I also created some lists, such as Mexican products, Travel, and Fashion. I added the accounts I follow to these different lists. I found out, that you did not necessarily need to follow all accounts that you add to your lists, so I am following some but not all. I’m not sure how it can be useful to put accounts in my list which I do not follow, but it’s good to know about this feature, and I wanted to try it out to see how it works.

Having these lists makes my Twitter account more organized. If I want, I can see all the Tweets in one window, but if I want to focus on a certain aspect of my account, I just pick the right list and then only those Tweets will be shown that are part of that list. This helps if you follow a lot of accounts.

To know the best time for me to post new Tweets, I need to learn when my future customers are most likely to be on Twitter. Since I have very limited experience with Twitter, I can only try to make an educated guess. One good time period to post a Tweet can be around lunchbreak, when people have some time to check social media sites at work. Another good time period can be around 4-6 in the afternoon when people getting off work, so again they have time to check their social media site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17 Wrapping It Up

First let me tell you how much I enjoyed this class. I have learned a lot about the different social media sites and the various advantag...