UA-150655503-1

Thursday, October 10, 2019

Week 8A - Get Visual - Let a Picture Tell a Story


Nowadays there are so many social media platforms! Although I think I know most which are trendy, I know that I do not know all the new social media sites. There are a bunch of sites which I have heard about but have never visited. With that said, I am still confident that choosing Instagram along with my Facebook account is my best option to get visual. I came to this conclusion from two different directions. First, I thought about what the best choice for me is, and second, I eliminated the choices that are not the right fit for me.


Let’s first look at the social media platforms that I considered but decided not to use. YouTube is one of them. To have a meaningful YouTube channel, I would need to create many good quality videos. Having videos of jewelry can add value, costumers can see more details about the products. But I am convinced that with multiple photos from different angles I can achieve the same result. Taking a quality picture is much easier than making a quality video. Tik Tok is another site I considered. It is also about video streaming and it is for a younger generation than my target market. So again, Tic Tok is also not the right choice for me.  Pinterest could be a good third choice in the future. But as a beginner business owner, I do not want to end up neglecting my social media sites because I do not have time for all of them. So I decided to start with only one other site to complement my already existing Facebook page.  

Let’s now see why Instagram is a great option for me. It’s all about pictures, pictures, and more pictures. Since my products are jewelry, the best way for me to showcase them is through many spectacular pictures. Other photos, like scenery of Taxco or pictures of artists making the jewelry, can also help me create the ambience and style I would like to be associated with. Creating posts on Instagram is super easy, I think it is even easier and faster than on Facebook. One more thing that I like is the hashtags, which make my posts easier to find. Hashtags can help me get more followers, and more importantly, more engaged followers.  

So, as you can see, Instagram is an ideal choice for me. I’ve already created my site! Please check it out, and be sure to like and follow me if you like what you see. https://www.instagram.com/silveroftaxco/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17 Wrapping It Up

First let me tell you how much I enjoyed this class. I have learned a lot about the different social media sites and the various advantag...