UA-150655503-1

Monday, October 7, 2019

Week 7B - Engaging Your Customers

Learning new tricks on my business Facebook page is great fun and really useful at the same time. This week I learned about scheduling posts and events on Facebook. This tool is very useful. With scheduling, I have the luxury of creating my posts in advance, when I have the time, and have them automatically posted at a predetermined optimal time in the future when they are likely to have the most impact.

Last week I created and scheduled two posts and an event. My first post I scheduled to go live on Friday afternoon at 3:40 PM. This is the time when people are about to finish work and start preparing, planning for the evening. My post said the following: “Happy Friday! A cocktail? A concert? Or enjoying a movie at home? What’s the plan for tonight?”. The text was accompanied by a picture of a woman wearing a hat, a silver bracelet, and a ring – dressed for a night out.

My second post was scheduled to be posted on Saturday morning and it said: “Sunny weekend! I'm gonna sip a lemonade with friends in my backyard. What are your plans for the weekend?”. The picture with this post was a woman holding a lemonade and wearing a ring. With both posts I tried to engage my fans in a conversation. I was hoping to get ideas, how and where they spend their Friday and the weekend. This information would be useful in the future to create valuable content for my fans. I could post about or share events that my fans interested in. 



I also scheduled an online event for this week. The title of the event was: “Share your favorite rings week”.  In the Details I asked “Small or big? Simple or crazy? This week share your favorite rings with me!”. With this event my goal was to find out more about my fans’ style and to encourage them to start a conversation about each other’s precious jewelry favorites.




Although, so far, I did not receive any comments on my posts and the event, I did receive some likes, which I think is the first step to meaningful conversation between me and my fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17 Wrapping It Up

First let me tell you how much I enjoyed this class. I have learned a lot about the different social media sites and the various advantag...