UA-150655503-1

Friday, November 8, 2019

Week 12A - Using Other Online Tools


Google My Business is a very useful tool. Having all my information verified on Google gives a more professional look to my company. It can also help with communicating with my clients. I would be able to easily read and respond to reviews on Google. This tool also would help me find out inside information such as what queries my customers use to find me, or whether they find me more often through desktop or mobile search.

Finding professional connections or joining group discussions on LinkedIn is a great idea. It can help me network with designers and keep me informed about events and fairs I could use as publicity and sales platforms. I can keep up with the latest trends and issues in the jewelry industry. And I can even find potential partnering opportunities that can help with mutual business growth.

Podcasting or live streaming can be an interesting opportunity for me to get closer to my customers. For example, I could interview various artists who create the jewelry that I sell. When I travel to Taxco, Mexico to find new products, I could post daily podcasts about my “adventures”. I think the “almost live” nature of these podcasts can generate a lot of excitement and enthusiasm among my customers. I could also have a mini fashion show to introduce the new season’s jewelry.

At the beginning, I am planning to have only an online store, therefore unfortunately I cannot use Google Maps or Yelp to my advantage. But if I opened a brick and mortar store, the first thing I would do is get my store located on Google Maps. I would also tell my customers to review me on Yelp.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 17 Wrapping It Up

First let me tell you how much I enjoyed this class. I have learned a lot about the different social media sites and the various advantag...