UA-150655503-1

Thursday, October 31, 2019

Week 11A - Email Marketing


I have never owned a business before and never worked in a marketing position. Therefore I have never used email marketing. But I receive numerous marketing emails every day from many different types of businesses. Based on that experience, I tried to figure out what the best frequency to send newsletters for my business would be. I am subscribed to some email list where I receive emails daily, sometimes even more than once a day. I feel overwhelmed with that many mails, and most of the time I just delete them without opening. However, when a newsletter comes only once a month or maybe every other week, there is a better chance that I will open it.


I think in the case of my Mexican jewelry business, I would start with once a month. As one of the main elements of my newsletters, I am planning to promote my blog. I want to create a new blog post every month, maybe one every few weeks, so the newsletters would be aligned with the publishing date of my blog posts. I think with a monthly email, I can still stay in the minds of my subscribers, but I can also deliver valuable content every time, so I don’t become just another “junk” mail in their inbox. Announcing and introducing my blogs in the newsletters would give value to it, and that will help me build stronger relationships with my customers.

In addition to blog announcements, I would also write about my new jewelry products and their arrival dates. I would talk about featured items and my best-selling products. Naturally, if I have a sale going, I would include that in my letter as well. I would include special coupons for birthdays and special holidays or occasions, and would offer special discounts to loyal customers and new subscribers. All of this can help generate sales. Finally, I would also include announcements and information about events or exhibitions that I plan to attend, so potential customers can find me easily, touch and feel the jewelry, and have their questions answered in person.

2 comments:

  1. I also agree with you when you say you don't want to send so many emails that they become "junk" mail. Sending too much will annoy the customer so once a month I believe is a good amount to end

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its such a hard thing to really have figured out. I do think once a month would work but im sure you would want to wait some amount of time in order to build that following first. Email marketing is a fine line between effective and annoying. I know im my instance it would probably just be annoying to have a recording studio emailing you so I wouldnt even use mass mailing.

    ReplyDelete

Week 17 Wrapping It Up

First let me tell you how much I enjoyed this class. I have learned a lot about the different social media sites and the various advantag...